måndag 9 mars 2009

New friends and better self confidence about my English skills

Have you heard about the fair trade cafe in Uddevalla? In the ‘saronhuset’ they have a cafe every Monday between 15 and 21.
The people managing it are from a kind of international school and missionary center a bit outside Uddevalla, called Restenäs. So there are at least 5 or 10 people at the cafe every time who prefer to speak English.

In some way or another I ended up at a table with 2 of my friends and 5 of their friends.
Only 3 of us knew Swedish, and all of us handled English. It was Cindy, Märit, Anna, Heather, Lea and me. We were chatting about lots of stuff and the cool thing about it was that I understand everything we were speaking about. I only had to ask about a separate word in a sentence a few time and when that happened I asked Cindy, who was one of them who preferred to speak English, and she succeeded to explain those words only using English. I don’t know if I should be impressed of Cindy's pedagogical abilities or myself and my English knowledge.
I choose the be proud of myself…!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar